Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Swasamay

Swasamay
Film: Thenali
Singer: S P Balasubramaniyam, Sadhana Sargam


Enna Solli Enaai cholla
How do I describe myself?

Kaadhal Ennai Kaiyaal thalla
As love pushed me with its hands

Idhayam thaan sarindhadhey
My heart slid

Unnidam mella
Slowly on you...

Swasamay Swasamay
The breath of my life! The breath of my life!

Jannal Kaatragi Vaa
Come! as the breeze through the window

Jarigai Poovagi Vaa
Come! as a golden flower

Minnal Mazhaiyagi Vaa
Come! as rain accompanied by lightning

Uyirin Moochchaagi Vaa
Come! as the breath of my life

Swasamay Swasamay
The breath of my life! The breath of my life!

Vaasamay Vaasamay
Oh Sweet fragrance! Oh sweet fragrance!

Enna Solli Enaai cholla
How do I describe myself?

kangal rendil kangal sella
As two eyes pierced into mine

Siragugal Mulaikkudhey
Feathers begin to sprout

Manasukkul Mella
Slowly in my heart

******
Stanza 1:

Idadhu Kannaley ahimsaigal seidhaai
You committed a lot of violence with your left eye

Valadhu Kannaley vanmurai seidhaai
You created a lot of havoc with your right eye

Aararivodu Uyirari konden
I was living with six senses

Yezham arivaaga kaadhal vara kanden
And then I saw love emerge as the seventh sense

Iyarkkai kolaaril iyangia ennai
I was a body kept functioning by the forces of nature

Seyarkkai kolaaga unnai sutra vaiththaai
You made me a satellite that would go around you

******
Stanza 2:

Isaith thattu polay, irundha en nenjai
My heart was like a musical disc

parakkum thattaaga, parandhida seidhai
You made it fly as if it were a flying disc

Nadhigal illadha, arabu desam naan
I was like an Arab country with no rivers

nile nadhiyaga, enakkulley vandhai
You came into me as the river Nile

Nilavu illadha, Budhan gragam naanay
I was like the planet Mercury(?) with no moons

Muzhu nilavaaga ennudan serndhaai
You joined me as a full moon

Kil(zh)akkaga Nee kidaiththai
(Now that) I got you as my "East"

Vidindhu Vitteney
I have dawned!

Translated and Posted to Y! Group by Pradeep on Oct 20, 2000

No comments: