Singer: K J Yesudas
Pachchai Kiligal tholodu,
- Green parrots on my shoulders
Paatu kuyilo madiyodu
- Singing cuckoo on my lap
Boologam aanandhaththin ellai
-the world is simply the zenith of joy.
indha, boomikku kanneer sondham illai
-tears simply do not belong to this earth.
Chinnanjiru kootukulla sorgam irukku
-Happines lies within a small nest
ada chinna chinna anbil dhaane jevan innum irukku
-Life still exists only due to those tiny acts of love.
Pattaam poochchi koottathukku pattaa edhukku
-Why do butterflies need pattaas of land?
ada, paasam mattum podhum kannae, kaasu panam ennathukku
-Love is the only thing u need, money and wealth are not necessary.
Andha vinnil anandham,
- There's joy in those skies
indha mannil anandham
- There's joy in these sands
Ada bhoomi pandhai otti vandha pullil anandham
- There's joy in the grass that envelopes this earth.
Veyilin suththam anandham,
- There's joy in the cleanliness of sunlight
Mazhayin saththam anandham
- There's joy in the sound of rain
Ada mazhayil kooda syam pohaa vaanavil aanandham
- There's more joy in the rainbow whose colour doesn't fade despite
-Hundreds of pleasures in life
-Life in itself is full of joy,
Kannae, Naraiyezhudhum, suyaharitham, adhil anbae aanandham
-Darling,My portrait made out of my grey hair-There's joy in the love
Un moochchil naan vazhndhaal,
- If i live in your breath
en mudhumai aanandham
- There's joy even in my old age
nee innoru piraviyil ennai petraal innum aanandham
- If you were to give birth to me in another birth, there would be
more joy in it.
Pani kottum maadhaththil,
- In the months when it snows
un veppam aanandham
- There's joy in your heat
En kaadhu varaikkum kambali porththum karunai aanandham
- There's joy in the concern you show by drawing the blanket over me
upto my ears.
- There's a certain joy in our relations
-There's great joy in our bondages,
pennae, un vizhiyal pirarkazhudhaal, kannerum anandham aanandham...
-Lady, if you were to take part in somebody's sorrow, there's joy
even in those tears.
Translated and posted to Y! Group by Pradeep on Mar 20, 1999